Suncadia Fund For Community Enhancement
|The mission of the Fund is to provide a source of funding and organization for activities and investments that will create and enhance a dynamic and vital community experience for the Owners. The Fund will have the ability to participate in a broad range of activities intended to improve the social, cultural, economic and environmental conditions of Suncadia and its immediate environs, including the Town of Roslyn, the City of Cle Elum and the City of South Cle Elum. The nature of the Fund’s investments will inevitably change as the community that it supports grows and evolves over time; it will, however, remain focused on enhancing the lives of the members of the community through its potentially far-reaching endeavors.
|Current Board Members|
|Marne Schwartz – President; Jim Becker – 1st VicePresident; Richard Seay – 2nd Vice President; Roger Beck –Secretary; Vacant-Treasurer|
|2018 Projects Funded|
Annual Easter Egg Hunt- $5,000.00.
Harvestfest – $62,000
Kite Festival – $5,000
4th of July Events $2,500 Fireworks $2,500
2018 Holiday Lighting. Electrification & Holiday Tree in Dawson Park – $10,000.
ArtsCouncil Funding – $85,000
Expansion of Hiking and Nordic Trail signage – $44,000
Kittitas County Conservation District – Small Landowner Firewise & Fuels Reduction Educational Video Proposal $10,500.00
Upper Kittitas County Senior Center – Purchase of 2 computers $2872.32
Upper Kittitas County Senior Center – To construct and equip two showers (one in Women’s room and 1 in Men’s room). $4,283.20
Youth Services of Kittitas County, Inc. – Hiring a Youth outreach and recruiting specialist to focus on the Upper Kittitas County -$3,000
Roslyn Outdoor School – Support three key aspects of our program: Student Safety and Preparedness in a Changing Environment, Tools, Resources and Transportation to Enhance Outdoor Exploration and Student Management and Access. – $5,475.00
Mountains to Sound Greenway- To purchase enough equipment to outfit a 30-person volunteer group or trail crew for a variety of maintenance tasks. – $3,900.00
Friends of the Roslyn Library – For Book Mobile, Educational Film Night, Computer Lab Equipment – $5154.18
Walter Strom Middle School – Fund a full time robotics class $7,918.08
Hanson Ponds – To contribute to the reestablishment of the Hanson Ponds trail. The Board will provide a letter of commitment for $10,000 in order to assist with obtaining and RCO grant.
DawsonPark Disc golf expansion – Funds to finish the project – $5,000.00.
Boo Elum Halloween in Cle Elem
|2017 Projects Funded|
Local Community Total
· Community Builders in the amount of $500 approved outside of a regular meeting.
· Interact Club request for partial funding for the replacement of the flagpole in Flagpole Park, Cle Elum, Washington in the amount of $2,000
· Youth Services of Kittitas County, Inc. – $10,000. The funds will be spent compensating a temporary program outreach/coordinator.
· Nerdy Girls – Robotics Program for Kittitas County teenage girls.- $5000. Jim and Pat will figure out Ownership structure to present to the Board.
· Northern Kittitas County Historical Society – Improvement of the educational, workshop, lecture, and training space of the Carpenter House Museum basement. – $16,200
· Community Builders Summer Program – Providing for field trips for UKC youth – $10,000
· Towns to Teanaway Corridor Project – $20,000
· Thorpe Robotics – to support a free afterschool robotics program in which programming, design and build skills will be developed that will enable middle and high school students to effectively compete in FIRST Robotics FRC competitions.- $4,803
· CERS – to purchase new instruments to be used mainly by middle school band students who cannot afford to buy or rent their own instruments. – $3,975
· Hospice Friends – to expand its services by opening and staffing a part-time office in Cle Elum to better serve current clients and to reach additional clients in the Upper County of Kittitas County. -$10,973
· Upper Kittitas County Senior Center $17,842 to replace the current commercial dishwasher
· New Suncadia Resort – Kites Flying Event – $2,556
· SROA – Purchase of a Telescope and related expenses for storage. $10,948
· Holiday Lighting $10,000
· Sports equipment parks – $10,000
· Suncadia Resort Events – As budgeted
· Disc Golf – Expand Course in Dawson Park
|2016 Projects Funded|
· Rotary Club of Upper Kittitas County for enhancement
· Cle Elum Roundup is to help fund the cost of leasing event space at the Washington State Horse Park – $1,500.0
· ARRF The first grant is in the amount of $5,000.00. The purpose of this grant is to help fund the reception area of the ARRF Animal Shelter. The second grant is in the amount of $8,500.00 which is to cover the 2017 operating costs of the facility. Total $13,500
· 2016 Coal Miner Days (CMD) High Country Log Show – Fund the purchase of two pop up canopies – $1,900
· SuncadiaMaps and App update – $25,000
· Hope SourceVan – $18,000
Suncadia Community Events –Winterfest, Harvestfest, Easter Egg Hunt, Summer Nights Concert Series and July 4th celebration.
2015 Projects Funded
Donation of $70,000.00 is for startup funds for the newly formed Arts Council.
R-Town –RoslynRunners for $650
Roslyn Outdoor School for $600 to fund summer camp scholarships
Suncadia Resort Events
Winterfest, Harvestfest, Easter Egg Hunt, Summer Nights Concert Series and July 4th celebration – approximately $102,000
Suncadia Native Garden
Plant materials – $9270
SCC – Park, Paths, and Trails
Recreation Equipment – $3,000
Swings with child and infant seats Battista and Dawson Parks $15,000
Vision Cle Elum – Fireworks (rescheduled for New Year’s Eve due to 4th of July burn ban) $1,500
Roslyn Downtown Association – Request for funding of an ADA ramp for NW Building was approved for up to $1000
Cle Elum Kiwanis Club and Vision Cle Elum partial funding for a mural was granted in the amount of $1500
Suncadia Community Council – Holiday Lighting. Electrification & Holiday Tree in Dawson Park $20,000
Rotary of Upper Kittitas County – Contribution to the basketball court in the amount of $5,000