Dawson Park Dog Park Rules
- Dogs may be off-leash in areas designated as such, but must be under the verbal control of dog owner or caretaker at all times. Leash must be kept in hand at all times.
- Dog owners or caretakers must pick up after their pet (s)- plastic bags are provided for your convenience- please seal and dispose of bags in designated receptacles.
- For the safety of your dog(s) and other park visitors, choke, prong (pinch) and spiked collars are prohibited. If you use these types of collars, remove them before entering the park.
- For your children’s safety, we do not recommend bringing small children or infants into the dog park.
- Aggressive dogs are not permitted on the premises. Dogs must be removed at the first sign of aggression.
- Female dogs in heat are prohibited from entering the park.
- Dog owners or caretakers must be in the park and within view at all times.
- Fill any holes that your dog digs.
- If your dog bites, injures or attacks another person or animal or if your dog places a person in fear of being bitten or injured, the dog must be placed on a leash and removed from the dog park.
- It is the responsibility of any owner or caretaker of any dog involved in an attack or biting incident to:
a. Offer assistance to the person attached or bitten.
b. Provide the injured person with your name and telephone number.
c. Provide the injured person with a dog license number and/or rabies vaccination number.
d. If serious injuries are involved, report the incident to emergency responders (Call 911)
remain at the scene and provide identification to responders
Thank you for abiding by the rules. This will ensure that the dog park is an enjoyable experience for pets and people alike!